References and Applications
If you have a reference or a site where you used SADA to be listed on this page then send the relevant details to
Literature and Regulatory Guidance References for SADA:
A subset of sites where SADA has been used:
- Stewart, R. (2011). A Geospatial Based Decision Framework for Extending MARSSIM Regulatory Principles into the Subsurface. Geography. Knoxville, University of Tennessee. Dissertation: 213.
- Stewart, R., et al. (2009). An Introduction To Spatial Analysis and Decision Assistance Environmental Applications for Version 5 User Guide. Washington, D.C., United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Department of Energy 2005. Sampling and Analysis Plan for Site Investigation and Risk
Assessment of the Surface Water Operable Unit (On-site) at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion
Plant, Paducah, Kentucky. DOE/OR/07-2137&D2/R2.
- Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality 2005. The Triad Approach to Environmental
Investigations. p. 8. (link)
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2005. Decision Support Tools- Development of a Screening Matrix for
20 Specific Software Tools. Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation. Brownfields and
Land Revitalization Technology Support Center.
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2005. Presentation on Update on Joint Federal Remediation Technologies Roundtable Report
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2005. Case Study: Use of a Decision Support Tool: Using FIELDS and
SADA to Develop Contour Maps of Contaminant Concentrations and Estimate Removal Volumes for Cleanup of Soil
at the Marino Brothers Scrapyard Site, Rochester Borough, Pennsylvania.
- Bittens, M. 2004. Fate and Behavior Data Acquisition Session. Innovative Management of Groundwater
Resources in Europe- Training and RTD Coordination (Image-Train).
- Linkov, I, A. Varghese, S. Jamil, T.P. Seager, G. Kiker, and T. Bridges 2004. Multi-criteria
decision analysis: A framework for structuring remedial decisions at contaminated sites. In
Linkov, I. and Ramadan, A. eds. Comparative Risk Assessment and Environmental Decision Making.
Kluwer 2004 , p. 15-54.
- Lynch, K.P. 2004. Triad Characterization of Soil Contamination at Former Small Arms Training Ranges.
National Site Assessment Symposium. San Diego, CA.
- Meck, R.A., G. Powers, C. Gogolak, A. Williams, D. Albreth, R. Bhat, D. Caputo, S. Doremus, K. Klawiter,
and C. Putello 2004. MARSSIM (Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual) Plus:
Measurement Methods for Clean-up, Materials and Equipment, and Subsurface Radioactivity. 11th International
Conference of the International Radiation Protection Association. Madrid, Spain.
- Puckett, G. and T.C. Shaw 2004. Triad case study: Former small arms training range.
Remediation Journal. 15:1(79-97).
- Sunila, R, E. Laine, O. Kremonova 2004. Fuzzy model and kriging for imprecise soil polygon boundaries.
Geoinformatics 2004. Proc. 12th Int. Conf. on Geoinformatics, Sweden.
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2004. Sampling Design and Decision Support Tools.
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2004. Key Triad References. Technology News and Trends.
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2004. EPA National Notable Achievement Awards: Brenda Jones.
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2004. Decision Support Tools Matrix Status Update.
- US Navy 2004. Navy Guidance for Conducting Ecological Risk Assessments.
- Bechtel Jacobs 2003. Cleanup Progress 2003: Annual Report to the Oak Ridge Community.
- Federal Remediation Technologies Roundtable Meeting 2003. Decision Support Tools for Remediation.
June 11, 2003. Arlington, VA. (link)
- Knowlton, R.G., D.M. Peterson, and H. Zhang 2003. The Use of Decision Support Systems to Address
Spatial Variability, Uncertainty, and Risk. In: Spatial Methods for Solutions of Environmental Scales Using
Remote Sensing and GIS- Science, Policy, and Standardization, ASTM STP 1420.
D.T. Hansen, V.H. Singhroy, R.R. Pierce, and A.I. Johnson, eds. ASTM International: West Conshohocken, PA.
- Franklin, R.B. and A.L. Mills 2003. Multi-scale spatial heterogeneity for microbial community
structure in an eastern Virginia agricultural field. FEMS Microbiology Ecology 44:335-346.
- Neuman, S.P. and P.J. Wieranga 2003. A Comprehensive Strategy of Hydrogeologic Modeling and
Uncertainty Analysis for Nuclear Facilities and Sites. NUREG/CR-6805.
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection 2003. The Triad Approach.
- Sanderson, H. and K.R. Solomon 2003. Precautionary Limits to Environmental Science and Risk Management
- Three Types of Decision Errors. The Journal of Transdisciplinary Environmental Studies 2:1(1-5).
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2003. Using the Triad Approach to Streamline Brownfields Site Assessment
and Cleanup. Brownfields Technology Primer Series. Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response.
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2002. Sediment Remediation Scoping Project in Minnesota Slip,
Duluth Harbor. Great Lakes National Program Office. EPA-905-R-02-002.
- Valavanis, V.D. 2002. Geographic Information Systems in Oceanography and Fisheries.
Taylor and Francis, Inc: New York.
- Bardos, R.P., C. Mariotti, F. Marot, and T. Sullivan 2001. Framework for Decision Support used in
Contaminated Land Management in Europe and North America. Land Contamination and Reclamation 9:1(149-163).
- Bardos, P., A. Lewis, S. Nortcliff, C. Mariotti, F. Marot, and T. Sullivan 2001. Review of
Decision Support Tools and their Use in Europe: Report of Clarinet Working Group 2. Clarinet
WG2 Final Report. (link)
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2001. Resources for Strategic Investigation and Monitoring.
Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response. EPA 542-F-01-030b.
- Stewart, R.N. 2000. Geospatial Decision Frameworks for Remedial Design and Secondary Sampling.
NATO/CCMS Pilot Project Phase III. p.31-41.
- Sullivan, T., A.Q. Armstrong, A.B. Dindal, R.A. Jenkins, J. Osleeb, and E.N. Koglin. Environmental Technology
Verification Report. Environmental Decision Support Software. University of Tennessee Research Corporation,
Spatial Analysis and Decision Assistance (SADA). EPA/600/R-00/036.
- US Environmental Protection Agency 2000. ETV Joint Verification Statement. EPA-VS-SCM-35.
- Yuracko, K.L., B. Tonn, K. Williams, L. Bishop, and P. Yerace 1999. The Life Cycle Analysis Toolbox.
Proceedings of Waste Management '99: Tucson, AZ.
- US Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy 1998. Decision Support Software and Technology
Demonstration Plan. Environmental Technology Verification Program.
- Tennessee VOAP Sites (Human health risk assessment, remedial design)
- ORNL Homogeneous Reactor Experiment Facility (Spatial analysis, Human health risk assessment, Cost/Benefit analysis,
Secondary sampling protocols)
- ORNL Surface Impoudments A and B (Spatial analysis, Concentration screening analysis, Block and site scale decision
analysis, Hotspot analysis, Human health risk assessment)
- Oak Ridge Y-12 National Security Complex (Site-wide soils screening, Remedial zone analysis, Human health risk assessment)
- Tennessee Department of Transportation (Human health risk assessment, Ecological risk assessment)
- Fort Campbell, Kentucky (RBCA Human health screening)
- Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant (Spatial analysis, Human health risk assessment)
- Hanford, Washington (Calculation of cultutral-specific Preliminary Remediation Goals)
- EPA Region 4 Florida (Remedial design for Site 15 Skeet Range at NAS Cecil Field)
- EPA Region 5 Indiana (Elliot Ditch/Wea Creek Sediment Ecological risk assessment)
- EPA Region 7 Kansas (Spatial analysis of soil data from Farmland's Petroleum Terminal)